Hello, my name is Thomas. I’m a 35-year-old openly gay, atheist, democrat currently living in Alabama. That ought to make for some interesting stories, right? This year has been filled with several events that have controlled the majority of my time, energy, and attention. Here is a taste of what to expect from this blog:
- Opinions on news; social, political, and current events
- Local job climate and lack of acceptance in professional environments
- My battle with anxiety and depression
- A gut wrenching feeling and sense of loneliness
- The occasional update on my life and blog projects
I’m nobody special, don’t get me wrong. I’m not looking to throw a pity party for myself. I’m new to blogging but, I’ve been around the internet long enough to know what is what. I’m not sure what this blog is going to do for me if anything at all. I have a passion for writing and I just want to put my thoughts to “paper” and share what matters to me and put my perspective on issues. I believe my voice is one that isn’t heard clearly or often. I hope you enjoy.